This delicious dish pictured above was amazing. It’s a mix of my hash which I made a while ago with some of Lefty’s shaved brussels dish. I often just throw things together using what I have and or after reading about something and kinda remembering what is was.
I hope you all had a great 4th of July. I started my day with the Palisades 5k run, which was great to get out there with a bunch of people. Then I spent some time Ginger and her new friends. No cooking for me yesterday which I was totally ok with, just a bit of Pizza and ice cream. I will make a trip to the grocery store soon so I can get cooking again. Then you all will hear about it.
Shaved Brussels Hash
What you will need- Not an exact science:
A couple sweet potatoes (cut into small cubes)
1 small onions- chopped
1 bag shaved Brussels (trader Joe’s)
1/2 green bell pepper or red-chopped
1/2 red jalapeno-chopped
4 slices of bacon
cilantro (small handful of fresh-chopped finely)
What to do:
1. In a large fry pan on medium/high heat cool bacon until almost crispy, then remove, cool and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. In the same pan with bacon grease add in onions and cook until tender, add in sweet potatoes and cook 5-10 minutes until tender. Then add in bell pepper and jalapeno.
3. Next add in shaved brussels and stir so all ingredients are mixed well. Cover and cook with lid on to get some steam in to soften up brussels. Cook about 5 minutes or so. If pan gets dry add in more olive oil.
4. Then add bacon and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Keep moving and don’t put lid back on to keep bacon crisp.
5. Remove dish from stove and serve hot.
This dish would be great served with a fried egg on top too.