sweet “sugarless” nuts
It’s really not happening. I’m not sick. I had just at little tickle in my nose the other day, then a little something in my throat, but I’ve loaded up on vitamin C, been hydrating and getting rest. This morning when I woke up I felt pretty darn good, but I don’t want to push it.
I have some work to do on Sunday. The Spartan race IS this Sunday, and I’m just a little nervous. I was recruited by a group at the gym, and I said YES . So, now I’m in it. I must find myself a bright orange shirt to wear and decide what shoes are gonna be the ones that get destroyed. (oh, the challenges in my life). But for now, I’m home, just finished some soup, need to get to my acupuncture appointment and finish up some work!
Enjoy these nuts!
Sweet “sugarless” nuts
What you will need:
1 egg white
8 oz raw almonds
8 oz raw walnut halves
8 oz raw cashews
(Or use any of your favorite nuts)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp coco powder
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer or beater until stiff and frothy.
3. In a separate small bowl, mix all spices together, use fork or whisk to incorporate well.
4. In a large bowl combine egg whites and nuts, making sure nuts are covered completely in egg whites.
5. Add seasoning to nuts and toss well making sure they are evenly coated with spices.
6. Spread nuts evenly on a foil lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 min. Remove and toss gently, then place back in oven for another 15 minutes.
7. Let cool and store in an airtight container.