Cheeks, THANK YOU!! Thank you all for reading, cooking and following along with the cheeks, it’s truly appreciated. Contrary to what you might be expecting I have not prepared something sweet for you all. I have been eating sugar-which will soon come to a hault as the Whole Life Challenge is about to begin, but I have enjoyed the sugar , but do feel better with no sugar (I know, I’m preaching to the choir). The Whole Life challenge is eight weeks of healthy eating, exercising daily and being accountable for it. You will hear all about it and you can join in the fun too! Just click the link above.
Now, onto what I’ve been cooking. This dish is a bit spicy and good for your heart. ( I was thinking about you on valentines day)
Spicy Skillet Salmon
What you will need:
1 salmon filet-skin on
1/4c pine nuts
garlic powder and cayenne, salt and pepper-season to taste.
Pre heat oven to 350.
1. Put 1-2 Tbs olive oil in cast iron skillet on low heat and cook onions until brown. Then remove from pan and set aside.
2. In a dry skillet tost pine nuts, moving constantly, taking care not to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Season salmon with garlic powder, salt, pepper and a small amount of cayenne.
4. Put a small amount of chile oil into skillet and heat on medium/high heat. Place salmon in pan skin side up and cook for 1-2 minutes then turn over and cook skin side down for another minute or two and move to oven. Cook until salmon is flakey. 5-8 minutes depending on thickness of salmon (it cooks quick, be ready).
5. Remove Salmon from oven top with cooked onions and toasted pine nuts.
Enjoy and serve with something green. I sauteed bok choy in the same pan after salmon was removed, it was just delicious.